About the new home of WCH
In the fall of 2015, WCH opened the doors to the Hospital of the Future – its new home in the heart of downtown Toronto.
The Hospital of the Future is a state-of-the-art facility that fully integrates research, teaching, clinics and surgery under one roof, providing seamless care within a supportive and welcoming environment. Designed with input from 1,000 women of diverse backgrounds, the new Women’s College Hospital is full of bright, open spaces, collaborative environments and care that is driven by compassion, dignity and respect.
One of the most unique features of the new Women’s College Hospital is the stunning pink cube at its centre: a bright, open space forming part of a conference centre that serves as a hub of collaboration in research, clinical care and education. This bold architectural feature is the physical and philosophical heart of Women’s College Hospital. It is a symbol of our dedication to advancing the health and well-being of women – a place for them to be inspired, empowered and healed.
Key features include:
- Fully affiliated with the University of Toronto
- Home to one of the world’s only hospital-based research institutes focused on the health of women
- Designed through the voices of 1,000 women
- Combines research, teaching, clinics and surgery under one roof
- Iconic pink cube symbolizes WCH’s commitment to the health of women
- A beautiful green roof (visible from all patient waiting areas)